2013-05-22

Widgets

36 Discussion - for the blog background updated may 22

Squishat | 4:24 PM



May 22nd update:

For Rory/the Crewbies:

So my idea is that we will have this giant character art that has everyone on a ship. I know, not everyone is in this sketch, but that is only because I had no idea how to fit the rest of you in.

Rory (yay) is an amazing artist, and she has agreed to undertake this behemoth of a project.

We can still add more characters, but then we'd also need everyone to give me their preferences on how they'd want to look like - a screenshot, a portrait link, or a description, as a comment to this post.

As for what you're depicted doing in this, maybe a bit of wiggle room, but you'd have to respond fast to this, or you'll just ... have to be content with whatever ends up happening.

Every character will get a forum-sized avatar as well.



I'll then embed in the avatars to show (a few random ones each refresh) in the background on the right side.

This will be a pretty penny for me, so I am not asking that you have to chip in, but if you do want to (as you'll get an avatar out of it), then 5k, 10k, whatever really helps. ;) Alternatively, I am wondering if I can use the crew funds for this.. but eh. Comments please.

If you want to donate, drop it into the hold of the Famous Mullet on Admiral.

If you want more details on what you're doing in this., or what the final idea is going to be like.. leave a comment.


Over and out.





OP:

So I've received a lot of feedback that the blog background is way too groovy, and not piratey enough.

 I personally like it but I do agree with that >< so if anyone can whip up a nice bg in PS or something relevant to ypp and our crew etc, that would be cool.

or I can go ahead and commission a background from someone on Mariner's Muse...

What do you think? Comments pl0x.

edit: browsing imgur.com/r/wallpaper

http://imgur.com/r/wallpaper/zLJGf4g - boat

http://imgur.com/gallery/MqR8x - beautiful places

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/whatis.xhtml - ypp bg img 

Edit: so with some of the suggestions here, and in-game, I kinda sketched something together of what I would like the bg to look like.

I'm not sure if you can read all the little blurbs I jotted down, but basically it's going to be a wave background, with  a screenshot of us on a ypp boat integrated into the bottom right corner. 

The YPP waves will be edited out to combine with the general waves of the bg.

The header is of a tattered treasure map with a basic design (not unlike the actual YPP site header) 

And sort of "tacked on" the page with a sword acting as a tack on either side. 



Again, sorry for the quality because I just wanted to bluetooth this from my phone quickly. 

When will they introduce bluetooth to cameras so I don't have to fiddle with the SD card every time I want decent pictures!!! 


/rerail


Anyway, so now we gotta decide what type of ship we want to take the SS on, and when we can arrange to have everyone that we can online at the same time to take it. 

Okay, so Des just commented on something that we won't be able to fit the whole ship or else we'd be too small. To which I agree..

Perhaps we can scrap the entire screenshot idea and then just draw us in on a ship. I'm sure I can find someone to do that for us... (goodbye poe)

Update update:

So the new background's size would have to be something like.. 1800 x 1600 size. 

The current background is not the final one :P 




36 comments:

  1. who said it was 'groovy' :D?
    I'd say commission, but just purely because I suck with computers so and wouldn't be able to make a backround that's *coughs* groovy enough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I had one friend tell me she felt like she was "tripping" and that it was "right out of the 70s"

      Delete
  2. So it was you who actually mentioned groovy^^

    What are the plans so far with the backround?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, I kinda slacked on it these days. :P

      I will say that I still have not found something that I really really find fitting.

      Hopefully I can get my new content and the background done by this weekend. :)

      Delete
  3. http://www.puzzlepirates.com/whatis.xhtml,

    I don't know about the license or stuff and maybe it is too small. But what about this pic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha. How have I never been to this page before :o Yea I have contemplated that before, because I do use SS and things from ypp (obviously), so I'm like "Do I need to include an "all credits to three rings" thing on this blog?"

      Again, new to blogging.

      Delete
  4. Hey, about the background. maby we could make a scene with all the active officers in the game and use the screenshot as background. staging the scene in the crewhall or on deck of a cool ship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is a really good idea! I really like this one xD but then we'd have to have a time when everyone is online.

      Delete
  5. It must be possible in a weekend. Or we make screenshots on different times. I don't know exactly how big the screenshots are. Maybe we need several screenshots to fill the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still think a background with hook on would be better...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah! Love that I'm playing spades :)
    If possible could you use this portrait as a base?
    the familiar holding some cards would be amazing! but just anything would be fine with me really^^. And I was just wondering, if we did wish to donate where should we deposit it Squish?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No.. you're trying to sail while bigbro on the other side of the table is pulling you away and tempting you with sails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent idea, really love it. I can't wait to see the final artwork masterpiece. We get avatars too, yay. Green outfit for me please based on the latest portrait I have if possible. This is really generous and so nice of you Squishy to do this. A thought, maybe Squishy you could be singing while at the nav table?

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS I don't know why there is a double post. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit! (do i pick any other?)
    something to do with gunning, lazing or trying to push someone off the plank >:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    These are the pictures of Appelsapp (left) and Miauw(right)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Appelsapp is above, Miauw below

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi, love to be in the background as a rigger

    ReplyDelete
  15. and it does not matter what Appelsapp does (eating a apple)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I call crow's nest!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome thanks :D in those exact clothes or different ones?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Could you do this stance, but (if this will all be in color) the hat should be black with maroon feathers, black jacket with maroon sash, black pants, black shoes and maroon outline. Please :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi, when its possible same clothes, :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok I was referring to appel since she is wearing raggy clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. "This stance" is not doable. You have to be doing a shipboard activity of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, for my clothing i would like to wear a tan-brown Flare Pants and for the top a Vest-Scarf (maroon-peach) with normal boots. Specific enough xD.
    Ow, and eating an apple is fine by me or mayby scrubbing the deck, since i'm only a mere pirate :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lol love the idea of us being tempted by spades!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Use this portrait please :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't think the portrait posted, but here:

    ReplyDelete
  26. Darky is here !! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey, this is my picture. And the color, maybe a whole black is suit for gunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Okay, so if i can't be on crows nest... Me, holding a skull dagger, forcing someone to walk the plank (So much the better if its mex)

    Clothes : either indigo/something, or random rags, because i never ever wear anything else. No fams, unless its a snake.

    .

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!