2013-06-11

Widgets

4 New Crew Background by Rory is Finally Here!

Squishat | 1:51 PM

So if you haven't already noticed, we've finally got the new blog background that has been in the sidebar for weeks, if not months!!!!

Sorry Hook, you've been sidelined. 

I know the formatting is all wonky, but for now, here it is in all its glory!
(Oops. Accidentally rhymed)


I realize it was a few days ago, but I was busy and wanted to do this post justice :)

Just in case you are wondering, there are 33 pirates in total. 

I'm sorry if we couldn't fit you in, but honestly, the link was up there for weeks and if we didn't get a response from you, we assume you don't care :P

Any new members, sorry you missed out!

This behemoth of a project could not have been possible without the following people:

  • Rory!
 The crazy talented arrrtist that was also crazy enough to deal with all the demands that we came up with for this, and then was even CRAZIER to go above and beyond to add details that we never even thought of, but made the entire thing so much more awesome! Also for putting up with my persistent "can I take a look?" Haaaaaa.

Took her a week to draw this.

Heck, give me a year, and I couldn't draw this.
  • Contributors!
Amazing art and great talent always comes with a price! (Not just magic)

I was prepared to pay it all myself, but in the end, I only paid about 18% of the entire thing. You guys are all amazing.

Also, ended up not taking anything from the crew funds, despite the poll.

The following are our amazing crewbies who've contributed to the cost of it xD

    • Desonn - 100k
    • Bigbro - 100k
    • TInnitus - 20 Doubs
    • Espnick - 5k
    • Adelaidean - 10k
    • Princessmg - 10k
    • Darkskull - 15k
    • Alpha - 100k
    • Enkei - 20k
    • Grenkar - 50k
    • Eagleofdeser - a white colored gold crossed spears (which I sold for 10k)
    • Intner - 750k (o.o yah) 
  • Mg!
Gathering all the information together from all the crewbies into a cohesive excel document and then doing the stick figures with me

Btw, that actually took a bit of time to do :P
  • Myself!
For coming up with such an idea to do this and able to see it through to the end :P 

I've wanted something like this ever since I started this blog. YAY. 

Event

Ok, since it is a lot more fun this way, the crewbie that identifies the most pirates in the portrait correctly and posts it as a comment (to this Post), gets cookies from me, and maybe some other shinies. (And an avatar from Rory!)

Mg and I are excluded from this event :P 

This event runs till the 18th of June (Pirate Time)

Post answer as:-

A1 - Squishat A2 - Princessmg  A3 - Benazo & Mex
B1 - Imnotmexican....




1
2
3
A
***
B
***
C
***
D
***
E
***
F
***
G
***
H
***
I
***
J
***
K
*



Hope everyone is enjoying this marvelous piece of art as much as I am!

4 comments:

  1. Note: in order to not disadvantage early posters, comments are locked and will only show all together on the 18th. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This
    was great! I love jigsaw puzzles so it was really fun trying to piece together
    who everyone was.

    I think I'm ready to post my answers now :), I wanted to wait till I could at
    least have a guess at everyone.

    (Warning, small amount of creeping through profiles was used xD, though there's
    still a massive amount of guessing too). I also usually try and pick a nickname
    for people after I've known them for a bit, but for this I'll use their full
    piratey name.

    So, umm, here goes:

    A1- Enkei
    A2- Xpunisherx
    A3- Menoob & Darkskull

    B1- Grenkar
    B2- Appelsapp & Miauw
    B3- Eagleofdeser & Espnick

    C1- Pokerg
    C2- Tinnitus
    C3- Eshan

    D1- Biblio
    D2- Alpha & Joaoo
    D3- Captainlefka

    E1- Adelaidean
    E2- Veronus
    E3- Leejj

    F1- Benazo
    F2- Amyrosee
    F3- Intner

    G1- Princessmg
    G2- Aeroplaine
    G3- Imnotmexican

    H1- Snrm
    H2- Wonderful
    H3- Bigbro

    I1- Squishat
    I2- Funandfriends
    I3- Pokerg's twin

    J1- Mood
    J2- Xliberatellx
    J3- Desonn (me^^)!

    K1- Biakugan

    ReplyDelete
  3. XD Since you're the only one to enter (and get everyone right), you win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Still can't believe I got them all right though O.O

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!